Louisa County Treasurer
The Treasurer’s Office is now open for Motor Vehicle and Property Tax Transactions on a first come first serve basis from 8:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M. if you arrive after 4:00 P.M. and before closing at 4:30 P.M. we can figure your item and we will process it the next business day and can mail it to you.
Driver’s License will be by appointment from now on. The office hours for Driver’s License are Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M. Drive tests are given only on Wednesdays and written tests are given on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the last time to take a written test is 3:30 P.M. If you need to make an appointment for Driver’s License, please call 319-523-4454 and we will be happy to set you up with one.
Iowa State County Treasurer’s Association website: www.iowatreasurers.org
As Treasurer of Louisa County, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the County Treasurer’s web site and briefly identify the primary functions of the office.
- Issue vehicle titles, registrations and collects all other vehicle fees.
- Collects use tax on title transactions for the Department of Revenue and Finance.
- Collects property taxes, mobile home taxes and specials including drainage/levee & city specials.
- Administers the Iowa Property Tax Credit Program and distributes all state credits to taxing bodies.
- Prepares and conducts the annual tax sale for the collection of delinquent taxes.
- Financial Administrator for banking, cash management and investments.
- Makes semi-annual reports to Board of Supervisors.
- Distributes all tax collections to schools, cities and all other taxing agencies and other government agencies.
- Issues Driver license, ID’s, duplicate license, handicap devices, administers written and drive tests.
- Collects and receipts all other county office fees.
Our mission is to provide quality customer service to the citizens of Louisa County.