Louisa County Veteran Affairs
The Louisa County Veterans Service Office is now open and able to provide assistance for military veterans and their eligible surviving spouses in applying for county, state and federal benefits. Eligible veterans must have been discharged under Honorable Conditions and have served 90 consecutive days of active federal service.
- US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Iowa Department of Veterans Affairs
- Iowa City VA Medical Center
- College Guide for US Service Members
- Veterans Commission Minutes
- Addiction Resources for Veterans
- Veterans and Alcohol
- Veterans and Mesothelioma
Quarterly Assistance Reports:
Chapter 35B of the Code of Iowa outlines the legal basis for the Veterans Affairs Commission Program in the counties. Benefits are temporarily granted to indigent veterans, widows, wives and minor children. Veterans shall make application in person to receive temporary benefits.
Southeast Iowa Veteran’s Representative